Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am celebrating the new year not with a cocktail but a glass of fresh juice called a celery balancer.  One of my new year's resolutions is to drink more fresh juice.  The celery balancer is suppose to help with arthritis of which I suffer from.  It's easy to make if you have a juicer, just throw in 4 stalks of celery, 1 apple, 1 carrot, 1/2 red grapefruit and a handful of grapes.  I try to use organic produce if I can find it and it's not too expensive.

This is my Jack LaLanne power juicer.

The view looking past my house on January 1st, eeriely misty very unusual for where I live in the capitol region of Canada.  The thermometer went up to 9 celsius.


Lilacs in the mist...


The front door sporting it's new outdoor lights.




Since it was so warm I took the opportunity to clean the snow of the deck before it turned into giant sheet of ice.  I have been too busy concentrating on keeping the driveway clear.


The supervisor

Ahh, the clean deck, only took me 3 hours.  I swear every shovel weighed 10 pounds.



No comments: